Tuesday, July 16, 2013

MLC Script: Reasons for leaving and justifications for behavior many MLCers give


  • I need space.
  • I need to be on my own.  
  • I need to go away and find myself.
  • I need to be alone.
  • I want a new life.
  • I’m becoming the man I always should have been.
 
  • I need to find happiness.  
  • It’s time for me to be happy.
  • I haven’t been happy for years.
 
  • I want to be selfish for once in my life.  
  • It’s my turn to be selfish now.
  • I’m tired of spending my life doing what everyone else wants.
 
  • I feel like I’m dying.
  • I was suffocating.  
  • You suck the life out of me.
  • If I didn’t leave, I’d die.
 
  • I had to leave.
  • I tried.
 
  • The marriage is killing me.
  • I don’t give a damn what anyone else thinks. 
 
  • I love you but I’m not in love with you.
  • I don’t love you the way I should.
  • I haven’t loved you for 10 years, but I was stuck and too lazy to do anything about it.
  • I never loved you.
  • I never should have married you.
 
  • We didn’t work.
  • We’re not compatible.
  • We drifted apart.
  • We’ve become different people.
 
  • We’re more like brother and sister.
  • We're more like roommates. 
 
  • In my head I decided you don’t love me.
 
  • You changed.  
  • You never change.
  • Now we can become the people we were meant to be.
 
  • I felt so alone.
  • I’m so unhappy.  
  • It’s a crime to the universe to be this unhappy.
  • I’m not happy and you are the cause.
  • Nothing I did made you happy.
  • All I ever did was try to make you happy.
  • Nothing I did was good enough for you.
 
  • Why do you always have to be right about everything?
  • You emasculated me.
  • You didn’t make me feel wanted.
  • You pushed me away.
  • You abandoned me.
  • You don’t admire me.
  • You don't respect me.
  • You micromanaged me.
  • You were too controlling.
  • I’m nothing but a paycheck to you.
 
  • I didn’t abandon you guys, I still give you money.
  • You are the one in denial.
  • You need to move on.  
  • We’re over and you’re not accepting it.
  • You’re too independent.
  • Our marriage was over 5/10/15/20 years ago.
  • I am never coming back.
 
  • Why can’t I have both of you?
  • The affair is not why I left.
  • The other woman has nothing to do with why I left.
  • The affair is irrelevant.
  • The affair doesn’t matter.
  • The other woman listens to me
  • The other woman admires me.
  • The other woman adores me.
  • The other woman is a fantasy.
  • The other woman is a distraction.
  • The other woman makes me feel safe.
  • The other woman makes me feel sane. 
 
  • You should date other people.
  • You’ll find someone better than me.
  • I’m not good enough for you.
  • I hope you find someone to give you the happiness I couldn’t.
  • I’m sorry I wasted your time.
  • I’m sorry I wasted so much of your life.
  • I hope we can be friends.
  • I don’t want to make any promises or give you false hope.
 
  • I’m not leaving the kids, I’m leaving you.  
  • I did not leave the children.
  • The kids will be fine with me leaving.
  • The kids are better off.
  • The kids are happier now that I’m happy.
  • I’m a better dad now.
  • I’m happier now than I’ve ever been.
 
  • I hope we can settle this amicably, without the need for lawyers.
  • Maybe we can get back together when all the debts are settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment